Autism, Vaccines, and Robert F Kennedy Jr.|
by Jeffrey Dach MD
Do Vaccinations Cause Autism?
If you ask this question to anyone in the medical establishment, government or drug industry, the answer would be a firm NO, with supportive peer review medical publications. However, if you asked this question to mothers of autistic children, or the (DAN) physicians treating them, the answer would be a an equally emphastic YES, of course , pointing to their own supportive medical studies. (1)(2)(3)(3A)(4)(5) (93-99)
Canary in the Coal Mine
Autistic kids are the canaries in the coal mine, having genetic variations called SNP's (Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms), so they can't easily eliminate environmental toxins from their bodies. The most toxic is the ethyl mercury preservative in vaccines, unwittingly injected into young children before they are old enough to eliminate the mercury. Mercury impairs the immune system, causes auto-immune diseases, and is directly toxic to the brain, causing neurological disorders. (6)(7)(8)(9)
It's a Crime in Iowa and California
Iowa was the first state to ban mercury containing vaccines, Jan 2005. (106)
California has followed suit and more than 30 other states have similar bans under consideration.
In California, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed the Thimerosal (Mercury) Law which took effect on July 1, 2006 prohibiting vaccination with mercury-containing vaccines to pregnant women or to children under age three. At the federal level, however, Pres. George Bush plans to veto similar legislation (FY 2008 HHS-Labor-Education Appropriations Bill). (10) (11)
The Most Bitter Debate
There is no greater rancor in medicine than the autism-vaccine debate, and this debate has reached the federal vaccine court where 5000 autistic kids and their families are requesting compensation for vaccine injury.
Vaccination Deemed Necessary to Protect Society
Society has deemed vaccination necessary to protect the nation from diseases such as smallpox, polio, diphtheria, and tetanus. In return for these benefits, society accepts the inevitable injury or death of the unlucky few from adverse effects. After all, vaccines contain foreign substances which provoke an immune response.
Examples of vaccine injury include the 1 death per million from viral encephalitis and disseminated viral infection after smallpox vaccination. Another example of vaccine injury is paralytic polio after receiving the live Sabin oral polo vaccine. With the eradication of polio, there are now more polio cases caused by the vaccine then are prevented by it in the US. (12)(13)(14)
The Swine Flu vaccine caused more deaths than did the Swine Flu itself, and there were 500 cases of vaccine associated Guillan Barre paralysis. Both the live polio vaccine and the Swine Flu vaccines have been discontinued in the US for these reasons. (15) (16)
The National Childhood Vaccine Injure Act
Large jury awards arising from DPT vaccine injury litigation in the 1980’s induced some vaccine makers to cease production, representing a threat to national military readiness in the case of biological warfare. (17)(18)
So, Congress passed the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act to provide for uninterrupted vaccine production. This law made the vaccine manufacturers immune from civil litgation, and instead established a Federal Court system to provide speedy compensation for vaccine-related injuries or death. (19)
The court uses a table which lists the types of injuries which automatically qualify for compensation. However, Autism is not included in this table. (20)
5000 Autism Cases Before the Vaccine Court
There are currently 5,000 cases before the Federal Vaccine Court requesting compensation for vaccine related autism, and a ruling is expected within the next 6-12 months.(21)(22)(108)
The 5,000 autistic families are represented by Kevin P. Conway, Ronald C Homer & Syvia Chin-Caplan, 16 Shawmut Street, Boston, MA 02116, Phone: 617-695-1990 (23)(24)
Acceptance by the Medical Establishment Not Necessary
A previous case was a victory. In Capizzano 05-5049 (3/9/2006),the Court decided that peer-reviewed scientific literature was not needed to win compensation. All that was needed was a medical theory linking an injury to the vaccine, a logical sequence of cause and effect, and a temporal relationship between them. This can be accomplished by medical records, or by an expert opinion. Peer-reviewed literature, pathological markers, rechallenge and general medical acceptance, are not required to win compensation.
In other words, it is not necessary for the acceptance by the medical establishment that vaccines cause autism., nor was it necessary for the peer review literature to show that vaccines cause autism. All that is needed is to show that Johnny was OK before the vaccination, and after the vaccination, Johnny developed autism.
280 Billion Dollars for Autistic Children - Do the Math
The current rate of autism as 1 in 150 children. Since there are 4 million live births annually in the US, this calculates out to 28,000 autistic kids annually, or 280,000 autistic kids per decade. Assuming the 5000 autistic families prevail in court with an average payout of one million dollars per autistic child, with the potential for 280,000 claims, the potential payout could amount to 280 billion dollars. This is an incredibly large amount of money, about the same amount of spending for 2 years of war in Iraq.(25) For this reason alone, it seems inconceivable that the federal vaccine court would grant compensation for autism. However, only time will tell.
Vaccine-Strain Measles Detected in Autistic Kids from MMR
The Vaccine Court’s compensation table includes Vaccine-strain measles infection, so these autistic kids would automatically be entitled to compensation. There are a number of reports of measles infection in the small bowel in autistic kids shown with endoscopic biopsy and PCR testing. Of course, mainstream medicine claims these findings are debatable, as seen in this article in Nature by DeStefano. (26)(27)(28)(70-75).
Left Image measles virus courtesy of wikimedia
Lack of Evidence of Harm
As expected, the medical establishment claims there is a lack of evidence that thimerosol vaccines cause autism, and lack of evidence that the MMR vaccine causes persistent measles infection. (29)(30)(31)(32)(33)(34)(35)(36)
A recent Sept 2007 New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) article speaks against the notion that thimerisol containing vaccines cause neurological problems.(37)
Autism is Increasing to Epidemic Proportions
A decade ago, the rate of autism was 1 per 10,000. The CDC now says that the current autism rate is 1 per 150. Some say that this dramatic rise in autism rates correlates with the increase in mercury exposure with Thimerosal, as children vaccination schedules have increased. See diagram below. (38)
Mothers Report the Children Are Fine until the Vaccinations, and then Develop Autism
Thousands of families are reporting their normal children changed after receiving mercury-containing vaccines, and began displaying Autism symptoms (which mimic mercury poisoning). (100).
Children with autism have more measurable mercury in their bodies than normal children, because they have difficulty eliminating it. A typical mercury dose received by a two-month old after three mercury vaccines is 125 times EPA's daily allowable exposure levels. In 2001, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) stated it is "biologically plausible" that Thimerosal in vaccines caused autism, ADD/ ADHD and neurodevelopment disorders in general. (40) (41) (42) (43) (44)(45)(46)(47)(48)
Videos on You Tube
There are many videos posted on U-Tube showing a typical story. The new born child develops normally, is then vaccinated and becomes autistic. After biologic treatment by a DAN physician the child dramatically improves. (Click Here for Video) (39)
What are the Features of autism?
The autistic child becomes non-verbal, with no self expression, and assumes postures to put pressure on lower abdomen (indicating pain). There may be hand flapping, and stacking objects.
Left Image: Autistic child stacking objects. From Wikimedia commons.
The autistic child shows no interest in other people, or he may be interested in people, but does not know how to talk with, play with, or relate to them. Initiating and maintaining a conversation is difficult. Speech and language skills may begin and then be lost, or they may develop very slowly, or they may never develop. The autistic child may have repeated ritualistic actions such as spinning, rocking, staring, finger flapping, and hitting self. Autistic kids have neurological disorders including epilepsy, gastro-intestinal problems, fine and gross motor deficits, and anxiety and depression. Boys are nearly 4 times more likely to have a parent-reported autism diagnosis than girls. There are about (80 Videos) on You Tube which show the typical signs of Autism: (49)
See Dr. Arthur Krigsman’s (video presentation) on Autism (DAN 2004 meeting) (50)(52)(53).
Symptoms and Biologic Treatment of Autism - Dr. Arthur Krigsman
50-70 % of autistic kids get a gasterointestinal disorder called autism associated entero-colitis, with inflammation of small bowel, stomach, and esophagus. They may have abdominal pain, diarrhea (loose stool, unformed stool, chronic oatmeal consistency, undigested food, malabsorption, constipation, malodorous stools. They may have abdominal distention, due to bowel inflammation and excessive gas. Growth curve may show regression at the onset of GI symptoms and onset of cognitive regression at the 15 month time frame.
Endoscopy finds pathology in these 70% who may have constipation/diarrhea with difficulty passing stool, or 3-4 days without a bowel movement. Endoscopy of small bowel shows lymphoid nodular hyperplasia, and severe LNH resembles Crohns disease.
Leaky Gut Syndrome in Autistic Kids
Autistic kids have an inflamed gut membrane which has increased intestinal permeability, also called “leaky gut” syndrome. In leaky gut, the undigested food macromolecules are absorbed by the leaky gut into the blood stream, an abnormal event. Metabolic pathways to break down these macromolecules are not normally in use.
Gluten from bread, and Casein from milk derivatives produce opioids, which are found in urine of autistic children. By removing the offending foods, the opioids disappear. There are 28 other proteins present in urine whih can b detcted with organic acid testing at the Great Plains Lab, William Shaw. (54)(55)(56)
Gut inflammation can be controlled on long term basis with anti-inflammatory drugs for biopsy proven inflammation on endoscopy. These are 5ASA drugs like Sulfadiazine, and the Salicylates. Very few patients cannot tolerate these drugs. Some kids need steroids (2-4 weeks), same as Crohn’s disease cases. Anti-Fungals (nystatin, diflucan) are widely used by DAN practitioners. Parents will say the kids do better on anti-fungals even though it is difficult to demonstrate fungus found on culture. Organic acid urine tests typically show presence of fungal metabolites which disappear with anti-fungal drugs. Autistic kids are also given digestive enzymes and probiotics which help to improve GI and cognitive symptoms.
Mothers Claim their Autistic Childs with Chelation therapy which removes Mercury
Katie Wright revealed that her autistic son Christian (grandson of NBC Chair Bob Wright), recovered significant function after chelation treatments to remove mercury. (101)(102).
As customary, she was viciously attacked by the medical establishment for her public statement. However, Katie was vigorously defended by John F Kennedy Jr. in this Huffington Post article.(57)(58)(59)(105)(107)
How To Make Vaccinations Safer
To make vaccination safer, Stephanie Cave MD and Sherry Tenpenny have suggested waiting until child is older to give the vaccinations, use single dose mercury-free vaccines, and use vitamin supplements such as Vitamin A and C prior to vaccination. They suggest avoiding vaccination when the child is sick. (60) (61)
Dr. Cave recommends waiting to vaccinate until ther child is at least 6 months of age, preferably older. Do only one vaccine at a time, at least a month apart.
Vaccination is NOT mandatory. Use an Exemption
Information on exemptions was mentioned in a previous newsletter. (62)
New Medical Discoveries Are Usually Rejected
Ignatz Semmelweis, for example, was ridiculed for his suggestion that surgeons should wash their hands before an operation.(63) The British Navy finally gave limes to sailors 50 years after James Lind’s showed citrus fruit cured scurvy.(64) As a reward for his discovery that elevated homocysteine causes heart disease, Kilmer McKully MD, was fired from his job and research grant terminated.(65 ) The thimerisol-autism connection is just another example of the above.
In Iowa and California, it is a illegal to inject a newborn with mercury with the newborn Hepatitis B shot, and and it should be crime in your state as well. Hepatitis B is obtained through IV drug abuse, or via sexual transmission, both activies not possible for newborns.
Hopefully, the injection of mercury into newborns will soon become a relic of the past, taking its rightful place in the museum along with bloodletting and leeches. Until then, there is much work to be done to remove mercury from our vaccinations. As a nation, we can’t afford not to. (66)
Latest Update: 2/12/2009: The vaccine court rejects the autism cases, and the claim that vaccines cause autism.(as predicted)
Jeffrey Dach, M.D. BLOG TrueMedMD
4700 Sheridan, Suite T.
Hollywood Florida, 33021
954 983 1443
(1) Do Vaccines Cause Autism ?
(2) DEFEAT AUTISM NOW! (DAN!) Physician Referral List: Implementing the Defeat Autism Now!
(3) Biological Evidence of Significant Vaccine Related Side-effects Resulting in Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Presentation to the Vaccine Safety Committee of the Institute of Medicine, The National Academies of Science, February 9, 2004.Jeff Bradstreet MD, ICDRC, 321-953-0278
(3A)Molecular Aspects of Thimerosal-induced Autism Richard C. Deth, Ph.D. Professor of Pharmacology Northeastern University Boston, Massachusetts
(4) Deth's research has uncovered evidence thimerosal creates deficits in the D4 receptor-mediated phospholipids methylation essential for detoxification and sustaining attention to tasks. The research provides the first scientific link between attention deficits and autism. Deth has identified the metabolic process, called methylation, whereby thimerosal can cause the brain damage associated with autism.
(5) An enzyme critical to methylation, methionine synthase, uses an active form of vitamin B12 to complete its chemical function, according to Deth. Thimerosal interferes with the conversion of dietary forms of B12 into the active form and so impedes DNA methylation and disrupts some normal gene actions.
(6) Mercury Poisoning
(7) EPA mercury Site
(8) HHS agency for Toxic Substances
(9) Mass Dept of Environmental Protection
(10) California Mercury Law
(11) Bush will VETO similar Mercury Law
(12) WHO Cessation of Oral (live) polio vaccine,Policy paper.
(13) Oral Polio Vaccine Cessation
(14) vaccinia smallpox CDC info
(15) Swine Flu Vaccination
(16) The Sky is Falling: An Analysis of the Swine Flu Affair of 1976, by Joel Warner
(17) The Tainted History of the DPT Vaccine by Harold Stearley
(18) At Risk: Truth About Vaccines, Lawsuits & Shortages Barbara Loe Fisher
(19) Office of Special Masters of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims,
(20) Vaccine Injury Table outlining which vaccine related injuries are to be compensated.
(21) Current status of 4900—claims for vaccine injuries resulting in autism spectrum disorder before US Court of Federal Claims, Special masters Patricia Campbell Smith, Denise Vowel and George L Hastings Jr. Ruling is expected after Jan 15, 2008.
(22) Audio and written transcripts of this first test case. the Cedillo Case No. 98-916V are available at this page:
(23) Homer legal web site. news and links relating to vaccine litigation.
(24) Federal Vaccine Court decisions with summary and full pdf file of transcripts.
(25) The Possible Costs to the United States of Maintaining a Long-Term Military Presence in Iraq September 2007
(26) references pertaining to measles MMR vaccine and autism. The vaccine strain of measles virus has been found in 85% of samples taken from the guts of children with regressive autism, according to Dr. Stephen Walker of the Wake Forest University School of Medicine.The study replicates findings made by Dr. Andrew Wakefield, a gastroenterologist, in 1998, and by Prof. John O’Leary, a pathologist, in 2002.
(27) Potential viral pathogenic mechanism for new variant inflammatory bowel disease. Mol Pathol. 2002 April; 55(2): 84–90. V Uhlmann, C M Martin, O Sheils, L Pilkington, I Silva, A Killalea, S B Murch, J Walker-Smith, M Thomson, A J Wakefield, and J J O'Leary.
Results: Seventy five of 91 patients with a histologically confirmed diagnosis of ileal lymphonodular hyperplasia and enterocolitis were positive for measles virus in their intestinal tissue compared with five of 70 control patients. Measles virus was identified within the follicular dendritic cells and some lymphocytes in foci of reactive follicular hyperplasia. The copy number of measles virus ranged from one to 300 000 copies/ng total RNA. onclusions: The data confirm an association between the presence of measles virus and gut pathology in children with developmental disorder.
(28) VACCINES AND AUTISM Detection of measles virus in children with ileo-colonic lymphoid nodular hyperplasia, enterocolitis and developmental disorder Molecular Psychiatry (2002) 7, S47–S48. Martin CM, Uhlmann V, Killalea A, Sheils O, O'Leary JJ.
(29) wikipedia MMR vaccine
(30) VACCINES AND AUTISM MMR vaccine and autism: a review of the evidence for a causal association Molecular Psychiatry (2002) 7, S51–S52. CDC finds NO causal association F DeStefano National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, CDC
(31) New Data refutes Measles Virus from Vaccine in Children with Autism,
(32) PEDIATRICS Vol. 118 No. 1 July 2006, pp. e139-e150 Pervasive Developmental Disorders in Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Prevalence and Links With Immunizations Eric Fombonne, MDa, Rita Zakarian, MEda, Andrew Bennett, PhD, CPsychb, Linyan Meng, MSca and Diane McLean-Heywood, MAb The findings ruled out an association between pervasive developmental disorder and either high levels of ethylmercury exposure comparable with those experienced in the United States in the 1990s or 1- or 2-dose measles-mumps-rubella vaccinations.
(33) The "Wakefield" Studies: Studies Hypothesizing That MMR Causes Autism Dr. Paul Offit, M.D., FAAP, Chief of Infectious Diseases and Director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Those who claim that MMR causes autism often cite two papers by Andrew Wakefield and colleagues. This section summarizes those studies and lists their critical flaws.Conclusion; autism is not caused by thimerosol vaccines
(34) Web site which states that Autism not caused by vaccines, funded by CDC
(35) The relationship between the MMR vaccine and autism, From The Vaccine Education Center Newsletter AMA page denying link between thimerosol vaccines and autism
(36) VACCINE STUDY IN NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE WRONG IN CONCLUDING MERCURY EXPOSURES ARE HARMLESS, STATES SAFEMIN"Early Thimerosal Exposure and Neuropsychological Outcomes at 7 to 10 Years," appearing in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM, 9/27/07 issue), DS
(37) A Sept 2007 NEJM article speaks against the notion that thimerisol containing vaccines cause neurological problems. Volume 357:1281-1292 September 27, 2007 Number 13 Early Thimerosal Exposure and Neuropsychological Outcomes at 7 to 10 Years
(38) VOLUME 114 | NUMBER 7 | July 2006 • Environmental Health Perspectives diagram of autism epidemic rise
(39) Video BioMedMom,on YouTube showing Autistic Child Development
(40) Critical Issues, Mercury from Safe Minds.org
(41) Stephanie Cave Book, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations, by Stephanie Cave, M.D., F.A.A.F.P and Deborah Mitchell.
(42) Video: Dr. Mark Geier Speaks at Mercury-Free Vaccines Rally in front of CDC 2007
(43) Video You Tube: Dr. Mary Megson Speaks on Autism Epidemic and Vaccines in front of CDC 2007
(44) Video: Boyd Haley, PhD Speaks at Mercury-Free Vaccines Rally at CDC 2007
(45) Video: Shows How Mercury Kills the Brain ~ Autism Connection
(46) Sherri J. Tenpenny, D.O. Vaccinations, Alternative Medicine, Mothering MAgazine.
(47) A prospective study of mercury toxicity biomarkers in autistic spectrum disorders. Geier DA, Geier MR. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007 Oct;70(20):1723-30.
(48) Urinary porphyrin profile analysis (UPPA) to assess body-burden and physiological effects of mercury in children diagnosed with ASDs.
(49) Video on You Tube: Signs of Autism
(50) Video:Current Concepts in the Treatment of Autistic Spectrum Associated Enterocolitis, Arthur Krigsman, M.D.Presented at DAN conference 2004. next meeting appearance National Autism Association November 9-11, 2007, Atlanta
(52) Arthur Krigsman MD Web Site, pediatric gasteroenterologist, Bio
(53) Arthur Krigsman MD Gasteroenterologist Wikipedia
(54) Great Plains Lab web site
(55) Biological Treatment of Autism by William Shaw PhD
(56) The Official Autism 101 Manual is the most comprehensive book on Autism"
(57) Robert F. Kennedy Jr defends attack on Mothers, The poisonous public attacks on Katie Wright this week--for revealing that her autistic son Christian (grandson of NBC Chair Bob Wright), has recovered significant function after chelation treatments to remove mercury -- surprised many observers unfamiliar with the acrimonious debate over the mercury-based vaccine preservative Thimerosal. But the patronizing attacks on the mothers of autistic children who have organized to oppose this brain-killing poison is one of the most persistent tactics employed by those defending Thimerosal against the barrage of scientific evidence linking it to the epidemic of pediatric neurological disorders, including autism. Mothers of autistics are routinely dismissed as irrational, hysterical, or as a newspaper editor told me last week, "desperate to find the reason for their children's illnesses," and therefore, overwrought and disconnected.
(59) Video: Christian and Makena, Non verbal aggressive little guy has turned into a wonderful healthy little boy with the help of the specific carbohydrate diet, vitamins, supplements, chelation therapy, ABA, Occupational and Speech therapy.
(60) Interview with Stephanie Cave MD, Mothering MAgazine
(61) Dr. Sherry Tenpenny. In 1987, the World Health Organization advocated the combined administration of Vitamin A with the measles vaccine. When a dose of 100,000 IU of Vitamin A is given with the vaccine, lower rates of side effects occur, and antibodies still develop. Therefore, be sure to give your child is given Vitamin A on the day s/he receives the vaccine. I would also suggest giving powdered Vitamin C (10mg per pound), for 3 days before, the day of, and for 5 days after any vaccine. If you chose to vaccinate, I recommend that you wait until your child is at least 6 months of age, preferably older. Do only one vaccine at a time, at least a month apart
(62) Guard Your Daughters from Gardasil
(63) Ignaz Semmelweiss
(64) James Lind and the Story of Scurvy
(65 ) Kilmer McCully MD and the discovery of the Homocytseine cause for heart disease
(66) Blood Letting Antique Medical Museum
(67) Wakefield AJ and Montgomery SM. Autism, viral infection and measles mumps rubella vaccination. Israeli Medical Association Journal 1999;1:183-187
(68) A prospective study of mercury toxicity biomarkers in autistic spectrum disorders. Geier DA, Geier MR. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007 Oct;70(20):1723-30.
(69) Press Release September 30, 2007 WASHINGTON, DC – A new peer-reviewed scientific/medical case study confirms that many children with autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs) suffer from mercury poisoning. The new study, “A Prospective Study of Mercury Toxicity Biomarkers in Autistic Spectrum Disorders” by Mr. David A. Geier and Dr. Mark R. Geier has been published in the most recent issue of the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A (volume 70, issue 20, pgs 1723-1730).
(70) Uhlmann V., Martin C, Shiels, Wakefield AJ, O’Leary JJ. Possible viral pathogenesis of a novel paediatric inflammatory bowel disease. Molecular Pathology 2002;55:84-90
(71) Singh VK, Lin SX, Yang VC. Serological association of measles virus and human herpesvirus-6 with brain autoantibodies in autism. Clin Immunol Immunopathol. 1998;89:105-8.
(72) Singh VK, Jensen RL, Elevated levels of measles antibodies in children with autism, Pediatric Neurology, 2003;28:292-294.
(73) Abnormal measles-mumps-rubella antibodies and CNS autoimmunity in children with autism. Singh VK, Lin SX, Newell E, Nelson C.Department of Biology and Biotechnology Center, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322, USA. email@example.com, J Biomed Sci. 2002 Jul-Aug;9(4):359-64.
(74) Wakefield, A.J., et al.Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children Lancet 351: 637-641, 1998.
(75) Uhlmann, V., et al. Potential viral pathogenic mechanism for new variant inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Clinical Pathology: Molecular Pathology 55:1-6, 2002.
(76) Taylor, B., et al. Autism and measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine: no epidemiological evidence for a causal association. Lancet 353:2026-2029,1999.
(77) VACCINES AND AUTISM IMMUNIZE, Paul A. Offit, MD, Director, Vaccine Education Center, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
(78) Dales, L., et al. Time trends in autism and in MMR immunization coverage in California. JAMA 285:1183-1185, 2001
(79) Lancet. 2000 Oct 7;356(9237):1273.Response to the MMR question.Taylor B, Miller E, Farrington CP.
(80) Kaye, J.A., et al. Mumps, measles, and rubella vaccine and the incidence of autism recorded by general practitioners: a time trend analysis. Brit Med J 322:460-463, 2001.
(81) Taylor, B., et al. Measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination and bowel problems or developmental regression in children with autism: population study. Brit Med J 324:393-396, 2002.
(82) Adrien, J., et al. Blind ratings of early symptoms of autism based upon family home movies. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 32:617-626, 1993.
(83) Adrien, J., et al. Early symptoms in autism from family home movies: evaluation and comparison between 1st and 2nd year of life using I.B.S.E. scale. Acta Paedopsychiatrica 55:71-75, 1992.
(84) Adrien, J., et al. Autism and family home movies: preliminary findings. J Autism Devel Disorders 21:43-49, 1991.
(85) Osterling, J., et al. Early recognition of children with autism: a study of first birthday home videotapes. J Autism Devel Disorders 24:247-257, 1994.
(86) Mars, A.E., et al. Symptoms of pervasive developmental disordeers as observed in prediagnostic home videos of infants and toddlers. J Pediatr 132:500-504, 1998.
(87) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998 Nov 10;95(23):13982-7. Links Movement analysis in infancy may be useful for early diagnosis of autism.Teitelbaum P, Teitelbaum O, Nye J, Fryman J, Maurer RG.
(88) Jefferson T, Price D, Demicheli V, Bianco E. Unintended events following immunization with MMR: a systematic review. Vaccine 2003; 21: 3954-3960
(89) Demicheli V, Jefferson T, Rivetti A, Price D. Vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella in children (Review). The Cochrane Collaboration 2005
(90) Balzola F, Daniela C, Repici A, Barbon V, Sapino A, Barbera C, Calvo PL, Gandione M, Rigardetto R, Rizzetto M. Autistic enterocolitis: confirmation of a new inflammatory bowel disease in an Italian cohort of patients. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:Suppl.2;A-303
(91) Balzola F., Barbon V.,Repici A., Rizzetto M., Clauser D., Gandione M., Sapino A., Panenteric IBD-Like Disease in a Patient with Regressive Autism Shown for the First Time by the Wireless Capsule Enteroscopy: Another Piece in the Jigsaw of this Gut-Brain Syndrome? American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2005;100:979
(92) González L., López K., Martínez M., Navarro D., Negrón L., Rodríguez R., Villalobos D., Flores L., Sabrá A. Endoscopic and Histological Characteristics of the Digestive Mucosa in Autistic Children with Gastrointestinal Symptoms. Preliminary Report. G.E.N. Suplemento Especial de Pediatría-Nº 1, 2005; pp41-47.
(93) Autism articles and References
(94) Measles-Mumps-Rubella Vaccine and Autistic Spectrum Disorder: Report From the New Challenges in Childhood Immunizations Conference Convened in Oak Brook, Illinois, June 12-13, 2000 Neal A. Halsey, MD, Susan L. Hyman, MD, and the Conference Writing Panel Conclusions. Although the possible association with MMR vaccine has received much public and political attention and there are many who have derived their own conclusions based on personal experiences, the available evidence does not support the hypothesis that MMR vaccine causes autism or associated disorders or IBD. Separate administration of measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines to children provides no benefit over administration of the combination MMR vaccine and would result in delayed or missed immunizations. PEDIATRICS Vol. 107 No. 5 May 2001, p.e84
(95) Vaccine truth
(96) Regressive Autism, Ileal-Lymphoid Nodular Hyperplasia, Measles Virus and MMR Vaccine Summary of Published Studies Offering Evidence for Linkages By David Thrower
(97) Vaccine Autoimmune Project for Research and Education (VAP) VAP's co-founder Ray Gallup and Dr. Yazbak examine the most recent United States Department of Education statistics and reveal that the 1 in 150 estimate is outdated by five years. They report that the present prevalence of ASD may be as high as 1 in 67.
(98) Biological Evidence of Significant Vaccine Related Side-effects Resulting in Neurodevelopmental Disorders. Presentation to the Vaccine Safety Committee of the Institute of Medicine, The National Academies of Science, February 9, 2004. Jeff Bradstreet MD, ICDRC, 321-953-0278
(99) Gastrointestinal comorbidity, autistic regression and Measles-containing vaccines: positive re-challenge and biological gradient Andrew J. Wakefield, FRCS FRCPath; Carol Stott, PhD; and Kirsten Limb, BSc A.J. Wakefield, C. Stott, K. Limb / Medical Veritas 3 (2006) 796–802
(100) Mercury & Autism Comprehensive research into the autism mercury poisoning connection. Autism: A Unique Type of Mercury Poisoning. See Table A: Summary Comparison of Characteristics of Autism & Mercury Poisoning. Sallie Bernard, Albert Enayati, B.S.Teresa Binstock Heidi Roger Lyn Redwood, R.N., M.S.N., C.R.N.P. Woody McGinnis, M.D. Contact: (201) 444-7306 by ARC Research
(101) Katie Wright, Autism Debate Strains a Family and Its Charity New York Times
(102) Autism Every Day Film with Katie Wright at Sundance Film Festival
(103) Book Review :Louder Than Words By Jenny McCarthy on TACANOW
(104) Jenny Mccarthy Interview in People Magazine, author of Louder than Words, on New York Times Best Seller List. number 5 on 10/15/07
(105) Robert F Kennedy Jr. Home Web Site
(106) Iowa Health Fredom Coalition, First State to Ban Mercury in Vaccines.
(107) Deadly Immunity, originally published on Salon.com June 16, 2005
by Robert F Kennedy Jr
(108) Cases in Vaccine Court — Legal Battles over Vaccines and Autism Stephen D. Sugarman, J.D. NEJM, Volume 357:1275-1277 September 27, 2007 Number 13
Louder Than Words, By Jenny McCarthy, on the New York Times Best Seller List No. 5, Non-Fiction HardCover 10/15/07.(103)
Vaccines, Autism and Childhood Disorders: Crucial Data That Could Save Your Child's Life (Paperback) by Neil Z. Miller (Author), Bernard Rimland (Foreword)
What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations (Paperback) by Stephanie Cave MD(Author), Deborah Mitchell
A Shot in the Dark (Paperback) by H. Coulter (Author)
How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor (Mass Market Paperback) by Robert S. Mendelsohn MD
Evidence of Harm: Mercury in Vaccines and the Autism Epidemic: A Medical Controversy (Paperback) by David Kirby
Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective (Paperback) by Neil Z. Miller
Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives (Paperback) by Aviva Jill Romm
Vaccine Guide: Risks and Benefits for Children and Adults (Paperback) by Randall Neustaedt
Autism Web sites:
(AUTISM RESEARCH INSTITUTE & DEFEAT AUTISM NOW!)
(AUTISM SOCIETY OF AMERICA)
(SCHAFER AUTISM REPORT)
(NATIONAL AUTISM ASSOCIATION Bernard Rimland)
(UNLOCKING AUTISM )
(Clinical Studies, MMR-Autism Association )